Monday, April 6, 2009

Inside My Cocoon

Inside of My Cocoon

By: Corinne Kennedy

 

Inside of my cocoon, nothing will ever change.

I have grown and now I wait,

Wait for something to change.

But inside of my cocoon, nothing will ever change.

I do what I must to survive,

And that will never change.

Nothing inside of my cocoon, nothing will ever change.

Change, change, change. I wait for a change.

And one day, something will change.

I will be a butterfly, how strange.

How strange the world will seem,

Once so big and tall,

But I’ll be able to float amongst the stars,

And I will see it all.

 

 

My 16 year old daughter

 

Roy

 

Roy Kennedy

Professor of Chemistry

Massachusetts Bay Community College

50 Oakland Street

Wellesley Hills, MA  02481

(781) 239-2236

rkennedy@massbay.edu