Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I Am A Poet (poem submission)

Hi I am submitting this poem, titled I Am A Poet.
Author: Rachel Orloff (me)
 
I am a poet. A scribe.
Realize
I was injected with the ability
To be open lyrically
To flow spiritually
In one ear
And out the other
My vision is not always clear
I sit here
And scratch my head
Talk to the dead
Think till my face turns red
I am. A movement.
Of words
Of ways
Of phrases and sayings
My thoughts are displayed
In the form of a complex maze
I gaze. My reflection.
I see a simple girl
In a darkened
Scattered
Upside down world
With no place to turn
Therefore I burn
And my soul. My soul speaks.
It shouts
It utters my unspoken desires
And leaks my doubts
It cries out loud
But sometimes. Sometimes.
It doesn’t make a sound
What comes from me is so profound
Imagine
A lost treasure embedded deep in the ground
I am. A queen.
So to speak
My words play hide and seek
They leak emotion
Express notions
They give meaning to the word devotion
I explode. And reload.
What you see here
What you feel
This is Me. Beginning to unfold.