Thursday, April 3, 2008

Submitted by j. hardy hanlon

The Great Pretender- by the Platters

 

Oh-oh, yes I'm the Great Pretender
Pretending That I'm Doing Well
My Need is Such

I Pretend too Much
I'm Lonely but no one can Tell

 

Oh-oh, Yes I'm The Great Pretender Adrift In a World of my own

I've Played the Game

but to my Real Shame

You've Left me to Grieve all Alone

 

Too Real Is This Feeling of Make-believe Too Real When I Feel

What my Heart Can't Conceal

Yes I'm the Great Pretender

Just Laughin' and gay Like a Clown I Seem to be

What I'm not, you see

I'm Wearing my Heart Like a Crown Pretending That You're Still Around

Too Real Is This Feeling of Make-believe

Too Real When I Feel

What my Heart Can't Conceal

 

Yes I'm The Great Pretender

Just Laughin' and gay Like a Clown

I Seem to be

What I'm not, you see
I'm Wearing my Heart Like a Crown Pretending That You're Still Around.