Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Things I Put Away

Things I Put Away

 

I am not sure when it happened

Or if my decision was a conscious one

But at some point I put them away

It was and is a big part of me

My child within

 

Who is not afraid to ask

Who is not afraid to need

Who is not afraid to be wrong

Who is not afraid to love

 

I censor now

I am afraid now

I worry now

Colors do not bring about

Quizzical wonder and amazement

Discovery and re-discovery

Lost along with the need to investigate and explore

Caution and danger replace adventure and freedom

 

I do not cry anymore

I do not marvel anymore

I do not dream anymore

I do not forgive anymore

 

I measure and time and watch and hide and cling…

To the enormous adult wall I built for myself

Anxious, mumbling, angry, fearful…God

I think its time to look for

The things I put away

                                 

BR

 

 

Bill Raynor

Director of Athletics, Recreation and Wellness

MassBay CC

50 Oakland Street

Wellesley Hills, Ma. 02481

(p) 781-239-2665

(c) 781-239-2669

braynor@massbay.edu

www.massbay.edu